Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Keeping the Lawn Green and other Writing Dilemmas

I have been working heavy on the lawn this summer - but it has been so hot! After all of the wonderful rain my lawn was greening up nicely, when suddenly, as if from a faraway place, weird stuff started to spring up, dead grass that wouldn't go green, too many weeds that we couldn't nip in the bud, and so forth.



We finally hired a lawn service.
\

Kind of like your writing when you're going along swimmingly, suddenly you hit a rough patch, a dried piece of lawn, some weeds where there weren't any. And you wonder, what am I going to do about that? You try everything, from editing to re-writing. Still, something isn't quite right.

I like to tell my writing clients that that's why I'm here, to help them with the rough spots, because we may see that there's a problem either with the beginning of our book, a weekly constructed paragraph, where we've placed the chapters, etc., but we have no idea how to fix it.

That's when we need to send in the expert writing service.

Yes, this service will cost us money, and we may feel as if we just don't have it to dish out, but neither do we have a clue as to what to do with our work - now.

I'd like to think that another set of eyes, expert eyes, will often do the trick when it comes to weeding out and greening up, but maybe that's because I've noticed some things about my own writing ever since I've been helping others.

It's getting better.

Maybe I'm learning a thing or two, as hopefully, my clients are learning to improve their own work.

Kathryn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.