Friday, May 20, 2022

Four Forgotten Secrets of Writing

We are heading into summer. What does that mean for you?

Writing more? Less?

For me, it will be more. And SURPRISE! my writing will take on a different shape.

Consider these forgotten secrets:

You don't have to use a computer to write. Enjoy the old-fashioned notebook. Take it with you everywhere! Get out and enjoy the summer weather. I am known to visit my local park.

One of your best books may come from working with another author. I wrote: "Heaven 24/7 - Living in the Light" with Celeste Martin. It was a great learning experience.

Getting your feet wet with nonfiction writing, will prepare you for fiction writing and open the way for more productive marketing. I began as a journalist. I learned how to write tight, interview, research, and put out an article within a couple of days from start to finish. Now, as I market my books, whether it be here, on another blog, or on social media, I have the nonfiction skills already in place.

Success comes in different shapes. It may come in the shape of a few hundred dollar bills or thousands of hundred dollar bills. It may come when you receive your first thank you letter from a reader. It may come because you've finished that first novel. It's not published yet, but it's finished. Take a look into your soul. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.