Monday, September 22, 2014

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Charles Thornton

Tell me a about yourself. What got you started in writing? 

I was working as a nurse and my co-workers would come over to the area where I was working and a group of us would talk about several of topics. It was much like The View or Talk on T.V. One day I said we should all write a book because we all have opinions that other people would love to hear. They declined on writing a book, but I didn't.

That year I wrote a horrible book called “Nursing Love”. It was a relationship book. I dedicated it to my wife. I sold each one by hand over a period of time. It was years ago before all of this new technology.

How and where do you write? Do you prefer a laptop or do you prefer writing freehand?  

I prefer the laptop. Although I will write notes and crumble them into my pockets for later use.

What's your favorite part about writing? Your least favorite part about writing?  

Writing is a time consuming process and I feel that I have a little amount of time. So, I always feel rushed when I write. But I enjoy getting it out and having the satisfaction of having a completed work.

How do you come up with your characters? Why would readers want to get to know them?  

The characters that I make are real life characters, that are always placed into a horrible situation or paradigm. I think people can relate to them because they have experienced what I am writing about and want a resolution or answer that can explain something in their own lives.

What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing? 

I write an e-book then I collaborate with a narrator and convert it to an audio book to make a synergistic effect. I also am on Facebook groups and Google + communities.

How do you schedule your writing time? When do you write? 

I write at anytime that an idea comes to mind and will continually work on it in between life. I have a family of professionals and children with activities.

Do you have a project on the back burner? Tell me about it.  

I am creating an e-book and audiobook magazine (www.ebookandaudiobookmagazine.com) which will focus on authors and narrators.  

My main focus is to show listeners and readers that may not know theses authors and expand their community by giving them a different platform to promote and discuss their works. The e-magazine will also share information like best practices or tips on writing and narrating.

What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent? 

Everyone starts at the beginning; everyone has a voice and everyone an opinion.  So 
just write.

Get Little Nia's Dream



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.