Monday, November 29, 2021

Why Doesn't Book Marketing Work for Me?

I get it.

Why?

Because I am there myself.

I have tried the typical ways. Free books. Discounted books. Book signings. I have tried out-of-the-box ideas. Craft fairs. Hair salons. Book release parties from home. 

Are your books just hanging around your house?

Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash

What I have found?

Book marketing doesn't always work out in the way I expect it to.

Sometimes I sell quite a few books. Other times I sell few to none.

Perhaps it's the current genre I write. Perhaps it's COVID that's keeping people away. Perhaps there's just too much competition.

When I get stuck on why book marketing doesn't work for me, I get stuck in other areas too. I get stuck finding new ideas to write about. I get stuck finishing what I've begun. I begin to spend my time doing other things that bring the results I want.

After all of the complaining about marketing and why it doesn't work for me when it is obvious it works for "her" or "him" I take a deep breath and try again.

I am a firm believer in moving forward even when it hurts. When the sales aren't what I expect. When I feel as if my marketing efforts have meant nothing and maybe I should hire someone. 

Or not.

Smile.

It's that time again to get out of my pity party and open my eyes to the options. 

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.