Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Memories Keep You Writing

How I LOVE making memories! Memories keep you writing and excited for the next event, the next opportunity to share what you write!

I had a lot of fun at Lakeview Hospital, but it's not the end of my book signings, nor is it the end of fun! If you keep a journal like I do you may also find that you're pulling ideas and mixing them up a bit. Just because something starts out as nonfiction material (in your journal) doesn't mean you can't turn it into (fiction) and it doesn't mean that this is the only way to keep your writing going.

Signing Event at Lakeview Hospital
Sunday I went through some of my old scrapbooks and discovered a terrifying secret! I hadn't pasted a picture since 2006. If you know me, you also know that a lot of things have happened since 2006, and those things are memories for me to use today in my current works.

Speaking of current works, since finishing "Scrambled," and getting it out in September, I have begun the sequel to the first cozy, "Sunny Side-Up." As I was writing and reflecting about my life and how (in some instances my story becomes fiction in this book) I was given the book title for the third book and a bit of the plot line. Want a little hint?

I'll give you a one. The title is, "Hard Boiled." Boy, do I have some memories with that!  

Here's to your writing success!
 
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.