Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Knowing How to Link is Important

I am tackling this subject today because yesterday I realized I had done the links incorrectly for my post. I didn't realize it until later when I tried to get into the links and realized my mistake.

I am continually learning to check links before placing them on my blog or sending them through email--I had this problem just recently--and it caused my guest blog to be pulled from another site.


Photo by Yandle, courtesy of Flickr

Granted, writers are rarely technical gurus when it comes to techy stuff, but the more we know the better we look; not only to ourselves, but to the general public. If you find yourself dreading the technical stuff like I do, learn the basics; i.e., how to set up a blog, how to insert links and pictures and video, how to write and send an email, how to connect with social networking fans, and leave the rest of it to someone else.

This would be my husband. He takes care of all of my books (both my literal books and my paychecks) both inside and out. And sure, he is on a learning curve, too, but frankly, my husband likes this end of the book publishing game, and I'm glad he does.

I don't know what I would do without him. Probably hire someone who charges me an arm, a leg and a foot; I don't know. I'm glad he's in my life for many reasons.

Knowing how to link is important, yes, even in your personal life outside of writing.

In case you missed yesterday's post or got discouraged because not of the links would work, here it is again. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.