Monday, April 14, 2014

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Lucy Cleary


Purchase:
All I Had Was Your Birth Certificate

Why does Lucy write? What does she do to promote her writing?

Find out in today's interview!

If you've ever lost a loved one, this book is for you.

Tell me about yourself. What got you started in writing?
I am a native Delawarean, Retired Housing Manager, first time author and Christian. I have lived in Aschaffenburg Germany, Savannah Georgia and Washington, D.C. I am a wife, mother and grandmother.  My story is a quite different from other writers. I actually started writing in 1992, when I began searching for my sister. I sent out letters to everyone I thought could assist us in finding her. Then years later I put all the letters together and started writing. I had no idea that I would one day write my mother's story “All I Had Was Your Birth Certificate: Memories That Remain.”

How and where do you write?  Do you prefer a lap top or do you prefer writing freehand?  
I  write anytime.  My writing space is in my dinning room adjacent to a double window that has lots of sun light. I prefer free hand I like to see what I am writing.

What's your favorite part about writing? 
Being able to share a story that will impact lives and bring hope and inspiration to others that have struggled with the loss of a child through death, abduction, even a child that has runaway.

Your least favorite part about writing? 
My least favorite part is when I am finishing up the last chapter.

How do you come up with your characters? Why would readers want to get to know them? 
The characters in my book they actually exist in the real life. I think  readers would want to know the characters because they are real people that have faced every day challenges and struggles.

What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing?
Press releases, interviews, radio/talks shows and author blog interviews. I have several connections to most of the social media sites as well as Author Groups.

How do you schedule your writing time? 
I don't have a schedule; my writing time varies. 

When do you write?
I write everyday.

What are you currently working on? 
Promoting and marketing my first book. 

Do you have a project on the back burner? 
Yes, I have an idea for a children's book I starting writing prior to All I Had Was Your Birth Certificate

What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent? 

I would encourage him or her to first believe in themselves. Write down everything, read as much as can. Find a mentor that can help you analyze your writing style. Go for it. Pursue your dreams.

Kathryn, thank you so much for this opportunity to share my mother's story. I believe this story will help many parents that have lost hope in ever finding their lost loved one. When I started writing letters trying to find our sister this scripture stayed in my spirit. I can do all things through Christ that strengthen me. (Philippians 4:13) and he has proved that to me over and over again I could not have done it without him.
May God continue to bless you.

***
Thank you, Lucy!

 Learn more about Lucy, contact her: 
      
 Book is available on amazon.com, outskirtspress.com, books a million.com
 e-mail addresses: msclear@comcast.net; lucy-cleary@gmail.com
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.