Monday, April 21, 2014

Best Ideas to Get You Writing


If you're like me, the last couple of days was spent doing those Easter dinners and egg hunts. Now it's time to get back to work!


Wow.

Do you ever feel like all that fun time passes like a blink and that your writing is always there to stare you in the face?

I do.

Today, as I began to make my list (I always do better with a' to do' list) I was reminded of how busy Monday's always are for me. Not only do I have the daily tasks, I have the extra tasks brought on by a fun and busy weekend.

No complaints here. But you might just be feeling like I'm feeling this beautiful morning, and so I thought it would be a good time to spark the flame so to speak. To get you and ME writing again.

So here goes...

1. If you have a blog, and just after you've finished reading this one, write your blog and get it posted. I find the earlier I post my blog the more I actually get accomplished during the day and I think that's because I've jumped started my mind early on.

2. Keep writing even if you don't feel like it. If nothing is coming to you, keep writing anyway until something does. Don't correct the sentences or paragraphs, just write.

3. Put on some music. Listen for a moment.

4. Write something that you've shelved for awhile. Pull it out and see what you can do to tweak it.

5. Take a look at my blog post here for other ideas.

The best thing you can do to get jump started in writing is to write and to keep writing. No matter the interruptions, no matter the initial desire. I promise, you'll be on the flower lined lane before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.