Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Energy in Writing

.

Do you ever want to you know - quit?

I know I do, but that's usually because I'm doing too much in the first place.

Energy, or the lack of it, usually occurs because you're not paying attention.

The other day my grandson forgot to eat breakfast. He was too busy playing I guess.

I can truly relate. When I'm busy writing, I also forget to eat. But this isn't the best answer to keep the energy up. And if you're like me you know that the energy must be in place in order to accomplish your desires.

Energy in writing is sort of like getting a boost, or being plugged in (I like being plugged in better). A boost is short lived, kind of like those caffeine drinks, being plugged in is like being a lamp hooked up to an outlet.

The energy keeps coming as long as you keep plugged in.



In order to maintain energy in writing I have learned I must do one or more of the following things:

1. Eat breakfast
2. Place a healthy snack at my desk so that I can see it
3. Take breaks when my eyes are tired
4. Balance writing and marketing
5. Seek for opportunities to get away
6. Help others

You may find that you have an entirely different list when it comes to keeping the energy level up, but the most important thing is that you know what will keep you going.

And that you do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.