Tuesday, November 4, 2014

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Jennifer Rizzo

IT'S TIME TO BE THINKING ABOUT CHRISTMAS...


Tell me about yourself. What got you started in writing? 

Even as a small child I was always making ups stories. I kind of drifted away from the creative side, but over 7 years ago I started a blog and it started all over again.



How and where do you write? Do you prefer a lap top or do you prefer writing freehand?  

I write on my desk top computer in my main living area where all of the action happens. It makes you really good at tuning things out!

What's your favorite part about writing? Your least favorite part about writing? 

My least favorite part is the editing. I see all of the stupid mistakes I made and just cringe, it makes me feel completely illiterate... My favorite part is the writing and photographing, It’s so creative!

How did you come up with your book's theme? Why would readers want to use your book?

Get it at Amazon!

I host  a holiday tour every year on my blog and when Cedarfort approached me about doing a creative book it was a natural fit. I decided on Christmas because it is my favorite holiday! It’s the Christmas book I want to read. Full of picture inspirations on home decorating ideas.

What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing? 

I use my blog a lot and I also like to use social media to the hilt. Its all about being out there and being constant.

How do you schedule your writing time? When do you write? 

I write when ever I can fit it in whether it’s 6:30 in the morning or 11:30 at night.

What are you currently working on? Do you have a new book out?  

I am going to be working on my second book, but I publish almost every day with my blog.

Do you have a project on the back burner? Tell me about it. 

I just licensed my first stencil through Royal Design studio Stencils (Which has been amazing) and I am working on growing my brand and other licensing projects

What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent?

Just write! I wrote my first book 8 years ago and it’s still sitting in a drawer. I thought I would never be published. You never know when it will knock on your door! But the biggest thing is to get out there and just do it You have to put out a presence to be found.


***

Thanks, Jennifer!

Learn more about Jennifer and her work at the following sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.