Monday, November 17, 2014

Breakfast at Mimi's

I have just begun my writing day at 1:16; a feat usually reserved for 9 a.m. or so, but Monday's are like that. And today I had a special reason for skipping out.

My sister and her birthday. My sister who has been 17 since the day she turned 18. My sister who is so busy that we have to be very creative when it comes to finding the time to talk.



And we had breakfast at Mimi's, a quaint French restaurant that we both love. We both had exactly two hours.

A couple of minutes to leaving I said, "You have two minutes to tell me anything else before I head out to pick up Bekah" (my next experience of the day). Bekah is in Kindergarten and I am the "driver."

She said, "I love you, Sis."

I smiled. "I love you too," and squeezed her hand from across the table.

We got up. She wrapped the new scarf (purchased for her birthday) around her delicate neck and we walked out.

The air was cold, but not as frigid as two hours previous. I was glad, but sorry to leave her. The time had sped by like a grand locomotive. And here we were again parting ways until the next time.

I got in my car and texted her another note. She responded moments later.

You can't have too many love notes either verbal or electronic when it comes sharing with your sister.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.