Wednesday, November 19, 2014

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Ireic Theodoric, King of Anavrea

Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.)

I am Ireic Theodoric, King of Anavrea. I live in Anavrea, a nation on the south western coast of the largest continent on my planet. At above middling height, I am taller than most, but not as tall as my older half-brother. He was disinherited, title, line of succession and all the rest a few years before our father died. I don’t look like a king. My brother looks the part, trained for the job, and would be able to handle the advising council so much better than I am, but someone has to do the job. I love my country and its people. I can’t let everything fall apart just because I don’t want to be king.



What do you like to do in your spare time?

I have none. Between arguing with my council, appearing for official functions, and the necessities of like eating and sleeping, I am barely keeping up with the minimum.

What is your favorite color and why?

Green is my favorite because it reminds me of freedom.

What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite?

Chicken, dumplings, and root vegetables in a thick stew. It is a hearty and simple meal with no pretenses to grandure.

What would you say is your biggest quirk?

I am not sure I have any.

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why?

I am assuming you mean the High Councilor of the King’s Council. We don’t agree on much. He sees those who are not perfect as lesser beings and those who have no money as slaves to be used and discarded. He values money and power above all else. Not a nice person to deal with on a daily basis.

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life?

At the moment, my family. I try to do what I can to protect my family from the council’s poison. At times the only thing keeping me from deserting the throne is the fact my sister or my brother and sister-in-law would have to take my place.

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit?

Power can be a cruel master. It isolates, turns potential friends into liars, ages the holder, and gives little of value in return. Keep that in mind when desiring to attain a lofty position.

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be?

I can’t. The only thing I want to say would be a major spoiler. My writer won’t let me.

Ask me any question. I've always wanted to know what a character thinks about writers like myself. I'll answer the question at the end of this interview.

Do you really stay up late at night dreaming up complications to insert in your characters’ lives? 

Actually, sometimes yes. But you need to know that without 'complications' as you call them, the reader wouldn't have much to read about. Even in your creator's life there are 'complications' that she must work through. Why not the same for you?

Thank you King Ireic!

To learn more about the king as well as the creator of this book visit the following sites: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.