Monday, June 20, 2016

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Felicity Augustina Sparrow

Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.)

Hi, there! My name is Felicity Augustina Sparrow.  I live in a hollow part in a tree.  I am a Passeridae. I read that word in a big book that my friend Mister Yellow Horse has. He says it’s called an, um, En-cyclone-pedia. Or something like that. Anyway, Passeridae is a fancy word that means Sparrow. That’s what I am!  I am brown with dark brown stripes.  I have wings, and a tail, and um, feathers.  I’m about the size of, um, other sparrows.  Let’s see, what do I want to achieve? Oh, I know! I would like to read more books, and learn how to use a come-putter better.  I also want to be able to talk to nice featherless two-foots. Mister Yellow Horse says I just sound like chirps and stuff when I try to talk. So it’s lucky I can write stuff, because he can read what I say. Oh, and featherless two-foot is the bird-word for persons.

What do you like to do in your spare time? 

Reeead!  I love to read books, and more books! 

What is your favorite color and why? 

Um, I guess that might be green, because that’s what I see all the time.  Or maybe it’s black!  Because beetles are black! And beetles are delicious.

What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite?  

Beetles!  Beetles, beetles, beetles!  They are the best! Especially when they’re fresh and kicking!  And I love the guts the best, oh, yum!

What would you say is your biggest quirk?  

Hmm. Maybe I talk too much. But Cairn talks way more than I do. (He’s another pal of mine, and he’s also a sparrow.)

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why? Share a line in the book where this irk is manifested. 

Well, there’s Grak, and there’s Davy. I guess I’ll pick Grak. He’s a hawk, and the biggest thing that annoys me about him, is that he wants to EAT ME!  I don’t like that at all, no way.  Plus, he is really good at writing confusing riddles. I had to figure out a bunch one time.  It was so annoying.  And scary. Also, he kidnapped Colin’s mom Queen Lilia. She’s a fairy.  And so is Colin.  And I still don’t know why he would do that, other than Grak’s just a jerk. Maybe I’ll ask him some time.  What the heck was I saying? Grak wants to EAT ME!  (Well, still, I’m curious.) Oh, and here’s an example of one of his riddles from the book:

If you wish to enter, my name then you must speak.
I’m in the deepest cavern, I’m at the highest peak.
I’m very large. I’m very small. I’m flat I’m sharp I’m round.
If you wish to find me, just take a look around.
If you haven’t guessed my name, one more thing you must know.
As I grow old and older still, the smaller then I grow.

See what I mean about the riddles? So confusing!

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life?  

Well, let’s see.  I’ve got a bunch of friends.  There’s Mister Yellow Horse.  He’s a nice featherless two-foot, and there’s Cairn Constantine Sparrow. He’s my pal. And he's really good at math. But my best friend in the whole wide world, is probably Colin.  He’s a fairy.  And he lives in the Wildwood.  He and his parents made me an honorary fairy, and I would do anything to help them, and keep them from getting found by crazy featherless two-foots. Because that would be bad. I also love the Wildwood, because it is nature, and I want it treated nicely.

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit?

I like featherless two-foots who treat the Wildwood nicely, and pick up their garbage, and don’t start fires, or take things that aren’t theirs. I like them a lot!

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be? 

I want to ask Grak (remember that mean hawk who wants to EAT ME?) why he kidnapped Queen Lilia in the first place, because I don’t know.  But it’s scary, because he wants to EAT ME!


Ask me any question. I've always wanted to know what a character thinks about writers like myself. I'll answer the question at the end of this interview.

Okay. What exactly is an inter-net? I used to think it was like other nets (I'm not a fan of nets) but now, I don’t think it is. I know you can use it on a come-putter because Mister Yellow Horse says he can send letters to his family with an inter-net. But what is it, exactly? (Oh, and the answer to the riddle, is A Rock!)

Felicity, great question and pretty technical too if you ask me. But since you asked me, let's just say it's too hard to explain. Just know that it works, sort of like a telephone works and a television works. I'm glad all I have to do most of the time is turn the computer on and everything works the way I want it to.

Thanks for asking! I wish I was more computer literate.

***


Learn more about Felicity and her author LoraLee here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.