Friday, November 24, 2017

Conquer Your Goliaths this Black Friday

I don't know about you, but I used to stand in the long line of my favorite department store the morning after Thanksgiving.

It was cold and unbelievably tiresome.

Once I asked a lady in front of me why she was waiting in line at 5 a.m. 

"Socks," she said.

I couldn't believe it, but then I could. 

I'd been coming to these Black Friday events for years, standing in line with my daughters, and sometimes with friends or family members. There was something about racing for the deals and getting to them before someone else did that I found exciting. 

Maybe I'm getting old, but, nowadays I prefer staying indoors to do my shopping. It's warmer, not nearly as tiresome, and I can take a nap if I want to.

That being said, some of the joy is missing. I don't get to talk to anyone in line or buy a cup of cocoa to warm me up. Like buying a real Christmas tree, you lose a little when you by the fabricated kind.

Still...

There's the warmth.

I suppose I'm going to vie for warmth again this year. How about you?

If you decide to stay inside, or if you're in one of those long lines at your favorite department store, you might just want to take a moment and order something for free. I may not be able to help you conquer the long lines and cold hands, but I will more than likely be able to help you out with those other unmentionables. Those things most of us keep hidden.

God knows what they are and so do we. And he will help us with those things, whatever they are. Things like listening and trusting in Him. Being optimistic even when things are the darkest. Keeping that tenacious spirit; never giving up, and being constant with Him, no matter what anyone else says or does that we may not like.


Here's where you can get it: Amazon 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.