Thursday, March 31, 2022

Have I been asleep?

Yes, it's been a few days since I last posted. I'm going through this sort of burn-out phase; not burnout from writing, mind you. Just a burnout from my daily job.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I work with kids - kindergarten through 2nd grade mostly, and they're great! I get hugs, hi's, and waves when they see me in the hall. I work in small group settings and one-on-one settings for those who really need it. 

But after a full day of putting out my best self, let's just say my body wants to lay on the couch for a while and do nothing. Often, I take a nap, and sometimes I watch mindless television. It's all I can do really. I'm not even up to reading a book.

Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

If you're like me, I want to hear from you. What do you do to stay motivated after a long day of work? When do you fit in your writing time when it's all you can do to be a couch potato?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.