Saturday, January 21, 2023

What it means to have a heart goal

I am not making any new year's resolutions this year - at least not on paper. I used to make them, but often, probably like you, I didn't keep them.

Let's just say life got in the way.

This year, I thought about what I wanted to improve about myself. And I've decided I want to work on the inner being versus picking something like, "Write a book this year," or "Put out 3 blog posts a week." Something happens to me when I do that.

Suddenly, it's all about the numbers, all about the data, and not about the heart or spirit of the thing.

My heart goal may be too spiritual for me to write down. I think it is. So I will leave it at that.

Just know, that you can have one too. And it doesn't have to be written on paper, and you don't have to tell anyone that you have set it, and you can keep it in your heart and mind all year. You can talk to God about it. He knows anyway because He knows you and loves you.

Photo by Christopher Beloch on Unsplash





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.