Tuesday, May 22, 2012

When Writing Creates a Crick in the Neck

Today I've been doing some writing for a copy-editing company. Though I like working for them, there are times I'm sitting just a tad too long. I get that well-known crick in the neck. My back starts to hurt. And I wonder if my legs are ever going to be the same again.

Perhaps it's the way I sit at the computer; kind of slumped like an old potato. But I also think that it's the hours I sometimes put to my writing in a given day. If you compare it to breathing, you get the idea.

When I get that crick it is a somewhat painful reminder that my day need not be all about writing. It can be about walking about playing, about taking some moments to breathe in and breathe out.

And I like the warning.

This is my last writing for the day. I try to clock out at about 5:00, but today I also have a cold. So I think I'll be smart and sit outside for awhile on my new patio swing and read a good book.

Here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.