Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blog Hop!


Week 18: THE NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP

From Twilight to 50 Shades of Grey, the past few years have been full of high profile reads. Love um or hate um, you have to admit you have at least heard of them.
As Independent Authors we all dare to dream we will be next, and well let’s face it you never know ... right?
With that thought I jumped on this Hop, what is a blog hop? Well I didn’t know until I asked.
Basically, it’s an Independent Authors game of tag.

One Author posts, and then tags five other Authors, who each link back to them. Exponentially it is a marketing gold mine, and you my fair reader have hopefully just increased your to read list. Finding New and Exciting Authors you may never have found otherwise. Some of us are still writing, others are just being released. Either way, for you Fiction Lovers, a treasure trove awaits and I’d like to thank fellow S.I. Hayes for tagging me to participate.
Click the links to find out about S.I Hayes’ books.
Twitter @shannonihayes
Blog: A Writer’s Mind, More or Less
In this particular hop I and my fellow Authors each in their perspective Blogs have answered 10 questions where you get to learn about our current WIP (Works in Progress) as well as some goodies as to our process, from characters and inspirations to photographic/ Cinematic eye candy! I hope you enjoy it!!

If this or any other items pique your interest, please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions.

HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS

1: What is the working title of your book? Sunny Side-Up
2: Where did the idea come from for the book? My first book in the Susan Sleuth Mystery series is entitled, Scrambled, and was released September 2012. This is the second book in the cozy mystery series and takes place on a cruise ship. A few years ago I went on an eventful cruise, and since Susan has always wanted to go to Paris or Hawaii I decided that a cruise would work.

3: What genre does your book fall under? Cozy Mystery, however, you'll find that my mysteries take on a more suspenseful feel. No cozy towns here, but loads of mishaps and bungles.
4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? I would choose the main character, Susan. I like to be in the middle of things, whether it's a movie or a book. I like to figure things out before everyone else. I'm one of those 'talkers' when it comes to watching movies. "I think I know who the killer is," "I know why she said that," etc.
5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Is the grass always greener on the other side of the fence?
6: Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Self-published through my business, Idea Creations Press and CreateSpace, a subsidiary of Amazon.
7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? About four months. During the next few I'm going to have some readers and writers give me feedback and do plenty of re-writes. You should see Sunny Side-Up by the middle of next year--2013.
8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? If you've ever seen "Murder She Wrote," you'll get a bit of an idea. Since my book doesn't fall smack-dab into the cozy mystery genre, the book is a bit harder to peg. Just expect an amateur sleuth, eggs to die for, and plenty of twists and turns.
9: Who or What inspired you to write this book? I realized that the first book Scrambled, didn't finish everything in the life of Susan Cramer. There was more of her to discover. In the third book, Hard Boiled, Susan returns home from her cruise only to discover some disturbing news. I have only ideas at this point, but be prepared for some scary fun!
10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? A middle-aged woman who wants a better life. And what woman doesn't want that?

Below you will find Authors who will be joining me by blog, Next Wednesday. Do be sure to bookmark and add them to your calendars for updates on WIPs and New Releases! Happy Writing and Reading!!

Michelle Renea Anderson: Click the links to find out about Michelle Renea Anderson's book

Shelby’s Plan.

Twitter: @MichelleRAnders

Lin Floyd's Websites:
http://famhistory1867.com/  http://lettersfromlin.blogspot.com http://helpwithgenealogy.blogspot.com/
and http://www.poetry-in-the-park.com.

Kelley Lindberg's Work:

2 comments:

  1. thanks for including me, guess it's time to get busy...and find five other authors online to notify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers! I'm so glad you did this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.