Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Photo Writing Contest

One of the things I use to drum up ideas is to look through my photo binder. In the binder I have pictures cut from magazines. I use ads primarily, because in ads, you also have a few words to describe what you're seeing.

But it occurred to me today that I could also find great photos to get my mind thinking and the ideas flowing. And so I'm offering a contest. Send me your best description using one of the photos below as your inspiration when you respond to this post.

I want you to think beyond the surface. That means using more than 'sight' in your description. Hmmm what are the other four senses? Only one entry per writer. The paragraph must be 5 sentences or less.
In two weeks, that's October 17, I will choose a winner. What does the winner get? One of my published books--signed, sealed and delivered to their home address. The winner's choice.

Photo 1
Photo by: Dominic's Pic, courtesy of Flickr
Photo 2 
Photo by: pellaea, courtesy of Flickr


Happy writing!


2 comments:

  1. I like your idea and it reminded me when I worked on one of my books that I used my journal entry's from way far back. It helped with the base of the story. I'm a nature photographer and have albums of scenery pictures that might do the magic trick for a story too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No entries, no winner. Sorry no one entered but hope you got some ideas from the photos above. I'll try again in a few months.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.