Tuesday, October 9, 2012

If at First You Don't Succeed, Try Tenacity

I have been dealing with some technical issues this morning, and now know the problem. Suffice it to say my new video will be coming to you shortly but not today.



Instead, today I'd like to share a bit with you about Tenacity. If you've read my book, "Conquering Your Goliaths: A Parable of the Five Stones," then you'll have an inkling of where I'm going.

Tenacity is one of those things that you incorporate in your life when you don't want to do something, but you know that this something matters. If you've just lost your job and you're having a difficult time finding another, then tenacity is one of the keys to your success.

You may have tried 'everything' when it comes to finding a job, only to be disappointed again and again.

When I looked for work after graduating from college at the age of 48, I thought I'd find something in the advertising or journalism arena. But if you remember 2009, you'll know that journalism jobs at the time were a dime a dozen (and things aren't looking up). I was also 48 years old, and although the interviews I went to (very few I might add) seemed positive and a job imminent, I wasn't called back, and I wondered if this was because of my age.

I am now grateful that I didn't give up. Sure, I stopped looking for work, but I didn't stop looking for a dream career.

And maybe that's what it's all about anyway. Opening your eyes; seeing what options are out there, outside of the box. Dreaming a little.

I want you to know that I've found my dream job but that success is a daily project. I try to Listen to God, and Trust in his word for me. With trust comes Optimism that everything will work out for my best good and that God cares about every (and I mean every) aspect of my life. Tenacity keeps me going even when the going gets difficult, and Constancy helps me to focus on what's most important knowing that God will always walk with me.

Will he walk with you?

I know he will.

1 comment:

  1. there is a writers conference in St. George this weekend. More details see http://heritagewriters.tripod.com/fall-conference.html Lin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.