Friday, November 16, 2012

Early Thanksgiving

My husband and I are putting together an early Thanksgiving again this year. That means my children and their children will be coming. We will be without my oldest, of course, but I wanted to let you in on a little secret that began two years ago when my oldest daughter was in town.

It doesn't matter the day that you hold Thanksgiving, what matters is getting as many people together as possible.

This year we've gathered the standard fare: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and rolls, as well as a couple of other dishes my family loves; dad's cranberry salad and yams.

We are also filling out a "I'm thankful for" paper that we'll discuss at the dinner table. After dinner we'll be taping our voices in a book called, "Twas the Night Before Christmas." You may have heard of it. :) I thought it would be nice to get all of our voices on tape reading the story. We'll send the story off to my oldest daughter and her family before December hits.


My oldest daughter, Aimee, with Bekah and Elmo.
We celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas in the same month: November

I'm always hoping that all of my children and their families will be able to join us for our early Thanksgiving--there's another one on Thanksgiving Day with the whole crew--but until then, I love to spend the time with those who can make it.

What are some of your holiday traditions and fare? I'd love to hear about them.

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.