Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Personal Change of a Great Book

It's that time of year again, when a great book, read near a roaring fire, can change your life forever.

I have read many such books through the years.

The list includes:

Aspire by Kevin Ball
The Dream Giver by Wilkinson
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

All of Max Lucado's picture books for children

and more...

The list grows every year. 

What books to remember would you place on your list?


The Parables of Virginia Bean (3 Book Series) by  Kathryn Elizabeth Jones
Get the entire series at
Amazon!
As an author, we'd like to think we are on a list or two somewhere. That's why we write. To bring enjoyment. To change lives.

If we're smart, we'll listen to those who have read our books, especially those readers who tell us that our books have changed them. 

Here are a few remembrances from my Parable series:

"It was really fascinating. I definitely took something away from reading this. This is a book I will keep on my nook for future reference!"  (Conquering Your Goliaths: A Parable of the Five Stones)

"For me, Conquering Your Goliaths was a journey of self discovery. I found myself writing down things she said and pondering what it meant to me. Was I truly listening to God? Was I fully trusting Him? Through the weaving of the story by Jones and the voice of Nancy Peterson, this book came alive! What an amazing book! I can't wait to listen to the rest of the series."

"...lessons to be learned in The Feast, that can and should be shared with friends and family. A gentle read that I enjoyed very much."

"There are different challenges in the main character's way, as if he were testing them to see if they were true believers in him.I was inspired by this book" (The Feast: A Parable of the Ring)

"You’ll be spiritually enlightened!" (The Gift: A Parable of the Key)

"The Gift is a story about a family learning to trust in God and each other."

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and the happiest New Year!

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.