Thursday, June 29, 2023

I Walked With Jesus

                                                                       
At Amazon

Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on October 2, 2021

I Walked With Jesus: New Testament Stories of Faith and Healing From the Least of These by Kathryn Elizabeth Jones I found to be an enjoyable read. This author helped to bring these stories to life for me as I read her short story surrounding different people in the Bible. This was an inspiring read, with many miracles performed. I found this an amazing read in this day and age that we are living in, I feel many would get a lot from taking the time to read. I received an ARC from the author, and this is my fair and honest opinion.

Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on August 31, 2021
Kathryn Elizabeth Jones penned a wonderful collection of New Testament stories about people in biblical times and how they interacted and reacted to Jesus’ teaching. Some of the people were skeptical of the Rabbi who brought his friend Lazarus back to life, after he had been dead four days!
Some people, like Susanna, a Samaritan, felt she was unworthy because she had married many times and she was burned by sins. She even lived with a man who was not her husband. She met Jesus at a well, while she searched for something to take away her loneliness. She looked into Jesus’ blue eyes when he told her if followed him, she would lose the sadness in her soul. She felt Jesus’ love for her and it transformed her life.
There are many miracles described in this book, such as Bartimeus, who was born blind. People in his area scorned him when his younger sister, Leah, led him from place to place. But Jesus healed him. What happened to Jedaiah after he fell? He was paralyzed from the neck down, but he prayed for faith and healing. His brothers took him to hear Jesus speak and he was healed.
The stories in I walked with Jesus are often poignant because you feel whatever events the characters are experiencing. You relate to the power of their faith and the immeasurable love that Jesus shared with each of his children. It’s a beautiful book that I learned from and enjoyed. Well done, Kathryn Elizabeth Jones.
* I received a complementary ARC from the author and chose to review it without compensation.
Review by children’s author Deanie Humphrys-Dunne







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.