Monday, April 30, 2012

Sometimes It's Best to Remain Quiet

Ever had someone disturb you so often in your writing you couldn't get anything done?

Everything seems more important.

Photo by: Emmett Tullos III, courtesy of Flickr

The grass getting mowed.
The cow getting milked.
The laundry.

I don't know about you, but today has been a full one for me, even though I really don't have a cow. Writing is a job for me but it's hard to keep writing in that professional bracket when other folks see it as a sight-seeing trip. And I suppose it is; but not always. There are times when it's hard to think about what to write. There are times I must edit; times when I must rework an entire chapter.

In every job (and I'm telling you right now that writing is a job) there are good days and bad days, good moments and bad moments, moments that others don't understand  and will never "get."

And that's okay, as long as "you" get them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.