Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Writing for Freedom

I am thinking of the 4th of July tomorrow and of all the freedoms I enjoy living in the United States of America.

Freedom of the press is really a big deal.

Photo by: ctj71081, courtesy of Flickr
Photo by: Chris Devers, courtesy of Flickr
Our freedoms may be lightly passed over (things usually are that we take for granted) and then one day our grand-daughter points at the American flag, and she keeps pointing all the way down the street as we pass by the large flags hanging at various businesses.

When I began my new business three years ago now, I was petrified. But today, clients are coming in and I am free to teach them in my home. I am free to publish my own books. I am free to publish the books of others.

I own my own home.

I own my own car.

I am free to come and go as I choose.

I might occasionally take my freedoms for granted, but I do appreciate all they have given me. I appreciate the men and women who have fought for our country. I appreciate those who have died for it. Wars happen and they will continue to happen to protect the freedoms that I cherish.

Writing for freedom. Have you ever considered the books you write a part of that freedom? What would it be like to be hindered from writing how and what you felt?
Reactions:

5 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.