Monday, April 6, 2015

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Patricia Stevenson

Tell me a about yourself. What got you started in writing?     

I have written most of my life.  It was always for my enjoyment, not for publication.

How and where do you write? Do you prefer a lap top or do you prefer writing freehand?

I write freehand at lunch.  Computers and food do not do well together.

What's your favorite part about writing? Your least favorite part about writing?

Writing is a joy and it is exciting.  Correcting, editing, and marketing are a pain.

How do you come up with your characters? Why would readers want to get to know them?

The main character in my series is Professor Del Channing, and the idea for him came from my Grand Daughter when she went to UMass in Amherst Massachusetts for her Masters.  The rest of the characters in my series are developed to the rolls of life they portray. Professor Del Channing and his side kick Lieutenant B. I. Fredrickson (Bif) are good and interesting people.   Del realizes that history repeats itself, so he solves the mysteries because they remind him of something from the past.  The reader gets a taste of history in 
the solving.

PastedGraphic9

What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing?

Basically I sell Book Stores into carrying the full line of my series.  My only intent is for people to purchase my books from a book store.

How do you schedule your writing time? When do you write?

I write long hand at lunch and input the work at my home at night or on weekends.

What are you currently working on? Do you have a new book out?

The seventh book in the series.  The fifth book has just come off the press and the sixth is written and will be published next year.

Do you have a project on the back burner? Tell me about it.

Yes.  I've written a first person book and will soon see if it is publishable.

What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent?

Have faith in yourself and your writing.  Seek advice from successful professionals; but, don’t let anyone change your voice.

***
Thank you, Patricia

Patricia's website: www.patriciagstevenson.com

FOURBOOKS


You can also read the character interview here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.