Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Dream On...

I love dreams, at least the good ones. I love soaking in the potential of my latest book, my next writing class, my next mentoring session.

Dreams are important.

But even with dreams, work is required.

I don't know about you, but I'd like to think that my greatest dreams come because I've put some footwork and real heart into the matter. I don't just expect the 'dream' to come to me, rather what I expect is the dream to manifest itself because I've put all I have into it.

If not for the work as well as the dream, most of our wishes for the future would be as real as doughnuts falling from the sky - our favorite, chocolate cake.

There's no such thing?

You've got it.

I'd like to think that after all the hours of writing and editing and yes, even marketing, something magical begins to happen. Like, I get better, I produce something worth reading, that I grow.

And that's when dreaming really counts.

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.