Friday, October 22, 2021

The Best Tip EVER for WRITERS!

You probably know it. And the answer isn't reading a lot, or making sure your grammar is perfect, or even having a professional editor edit your work.

The answer is

WRITE
Photo by Hans Isaacson on Unsplash

This is a tough one for most of us. You've probably heard about the wishful writer. "I really want to write a book." And then, the next year you see them and they say, "I really need to write that book." And the next year...

Other writers put off writing because they are too busy. They treat writing as a hobby - maybe even below a hobby if that's possible. "I will write when I'm not working full-time." "I will write tomorrow." I will write...

"I'm not really good. Who will read my stuff?" You're 'write' of course. You will never be any good unless you write. And you are also 'write' that most people won't read your stuff in the beginning, but a few will, and as you continue to write that list will grow.

Photo by Ante Hamersmit on Unsplash

"I want to write but I don't have anything worthy to write." Let's haul it out, okay? The truth is, you have a lot to write about. Who has lived your life? Who has experienced your stuff? If you want to write fiction, pick a genre, and go for it!

Photo by Etienne Girardet on Unsplash

"I started to write but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, and so I quit." Start again! Writing is NOT supposed to be EASY, it's supposed to be REWARDING and LIFECHANGING, for yourself and those who read your work.


No more excuses, okay?

Just sit down, right now, and write.

I know you can do it.

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.