Tuesday, April 9, 2013

3 Best Writing Articles on the Planet

As a writer, I am continually searching for new ideas. Not only about marketing, but about writing. I want to know what people are saying about first paragraphs, first pages; what genres are selling, and what I can do to better perfect my craft.

Photo by: rwkvisual, courtesy of Flickr
And though the planet swirls with ideas; often, so many it's hard to put a finger on the best resources, I occasionally come across an article that can't be missed.

Within the last month I've found three. I like these articles because they give me concrete ideas that I can use without spending a dime.

I love freebies, and I know you do too.

So here they are in no particular order:

1. The first article is called, 105 Tips to Make Your Blog Rock. Now, I know you want your blog to stand out from the crowd (if you have one, and if you don't it's about time you got one) and these tips will do just that. My favorites:
  • Publish content on what not to do.
  • Take a selection of your best blog posts and make an ebook out of it. Then distribute the ebook on the Amazon Kindle Store...
  • On your YouTube channel make sure you have optimized the video for search engines through tags, key phrase in the description as well as the link to your blog in the description section.
2. The second article is called, 7 Hot Headline Ideas for Your Small Business. Yes, I realize you're a writer and maybe not a business owner, but consider my favorite ideas, and how they would get your blog read:
  • The 'How to' Headline (consider the three I have included here).
  • The Question Headline
  • The Headline That Offers a Benefit (good one if you're releasing a new book).
3. The third article is called, 100 Things to Tweet About Besides Yourself. It's far too easy to tweet about yourself; harder to tweet about someone else. But consider these ideas:
  • Links to videos, podcasts or other materials that inspire, connect and delight them.
  • Photos of others doing something interesting.
  • Tips to help your audience solve life problems (and in this case, writing problems).
Sure, these articles might not be the best ones out there, but they sure take the cake when it comes to offering real solutions to improving my writing and marketing.

If you decide to try one of the ideas here, or one within the article itself and want to share your experience, please do so! I would love to hear about it.

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.