Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Giving Thanks for Your Writing

Thanksgiving is fast approaching, and before you think that I'm all ready for Christmas (you may have seen a few of my posts promoting my book signings) allow me to clarify.

I LOVE Christmas!

But I also LOVE Thanksgiving.

Photo by: basykes, courtesy of Flickr
When did you begin writing?

From a class assignment that you loved and writing has been with you ever since?

When you began your journal as a teenager?

As a child? Can you still see yourself sharing stories with your friends, maybe even getting them to believe they really happened?

When you first fell in love with ink on paper?

When you fell in love with reading and said to yourself, "I could write like this!"

Whatever sparked in you the desire to write, think about it now...

Photo by: PhotoGraham, courtesy of Flickr

For me, it wasn't until after I married that I developed a real interest in writing, though I'd been a journal writer and reader for years. And I suppose the idea to write struck me at that time because I was pregnant with my first child and feeling pretty sick.

Suffice it to say I didn't just get morning sickness.

I remember that day because, as I sat on my couch with my legs propped up to take down the swelling, I thought about the real meaning of being pregnant; with all of the aches and pains there were also many joys and I just had to get my feelings down on paper.

The story, when finished, was titled, "Weebles Wabble."

I don't know what I think about that title today, (okay, it's pretty strange) but then, it was like a spark of light had entered the room. I was on my way.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.