Thursday, November 21, 2013

Snow? It's about time...

I don't know about you, but I was ready for snow.

Don't get me wrong. I don't ski, snowmobile, or do any other of those outdoor sports. What I do like is looking out my window and watching the white fluffs come down.

No, I don't like to shovel.

I don't like to drive in snowy weather.

But I do like the looks of it.

And you know, it's kind of like putting out that first book. You slave over the thing; probably go over it a hundred times still finding real or imagined "mistakes." You may wonder if a publisher will ever pick it up. You may even wonder, like I did, if it just wouldn't save some headache if you did it yourself.

The weather when your writing, metaphorically speaking, may be a difficult shovel. You may even have difficult times driving in it, but in the long run, you'll more than likely be pleased with the results.

Kind of like sitting in your office watching the fluff come down.

1 comment:

  1. or live in the high desert with no snow and enjoy the winter...lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.