Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Keeping Up With Social Media

I don't know about you, but it seems to me no author can afford to stand still when it comes to social media. There is always something new to learn, something old (maybe only sixth months old) to throw out, and something you are determined to continue.

This morning I learned a little about Quick Promote and decided it was something I wanted to try. If I like it, it will be in next year's Marketing Your book on a Budget.

Through the last few months I have been removing some links in the 2016 version of Marketing Your Book on a Budget that are no longer working for me.

And I am more determined than ever to continue with Animoto, though it now costs me almost $100 a year to keep it going. I also find that my blog is very worthy of my time (more and more people are reading it) and that doing book signings at unique places, and telling folks about it through facebook and twitter, is still my top way to sell (so I will be once again attending  the November Simple Treasures Boutique).

Keeping up with social media means a daily ride with it. That means posting something, learning something new, getting involved with what other writers and book readers are saying; something that will keep you on the social media track.

Here's to moving forward on the fast track!


Kathryn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.