Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Are You Traveling to New Book Destinations?

I love the thought of being able to travel the world through the simple act of writing about it.

No, it's not always a simple process, but this sort of travel sure saves on gas or airline tickets!

I keep a handy notebook with me as the ideas come because you never know when that new idea for your next book will step on board. I have received great ideas for books at the bank, in the shower and driving my car. I've also had dreams and pay close attention to the comments of others.

In these various ways I always have ideas to work off of and never find myself struggling to find something to write.

Some writers keep a notebook by their bed or a small recorder in their purse to record ideas.

Photo by: wanderingyew2, courtesy of Flickr
I'd like to think that the keeping of ideas is as varied as the writers who use them. I'd like to think as I travel to a new book destination, that so are you. It's fun to meet writers on the trail and discuss writing. I always pick up ideas to take with me on my journey.

Have an idea you'd like to share? I would love to hear it.

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.