Tuesday, July 29, 2014

When Your Writing Life is Stalled




You know the feeling. You get up, sit down at the computer, and heck, haven't anything to say.

You feel as if your feet are in cement; you wish you could pull out something, anything from your brain that makes even a little sense. But here you are, drowning in your misery.

What I know about being stalled is that I'm only stalled for a short time (not months or years, although it often feels like that in the beginning). I am only temporarily stalled. I know that in a day, maybe less, I'll be back to my old self again.

That old self that has writing coming from her fingertips faster than she can get the words down.

Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. we all need a break to get our creative juices going again. I cleaned off my desk and that helped...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.