Wednesday, April 29, 2015

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Sydney from Endless

Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.)

My name is Sydney. I live in a huge house with my dad, my stepmother, and my two stepsisters. I have dark curly hair, and I’m taller than my two stepsisters. My main goals are to protect my dad from my step mom, and learn magic well enough to get out of this prison I seem to find myself in.

Get the book at Amazon
What do you like to do in your spare time?

I love to read, play with magic, and playing baseball is my passion.

What is your favorite color and why?

I love the color blue, because it reminds me of the sky.

What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite?

I love spaghetti because my mom had this amazing recipe that I enjoyed making with her.

What would you say is your biggest quirk?

I’m very shy and closed in. My stepsisters have pushed everyone away from me, so I try to keep myself unnoticed.

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why? Share a line in the book where this irk is manifested.

I have a few antagonists in this book, but the one who is the worst is the woman in my dreams. She wants something from me, but she won’t tell me what it is. Annoying!

“I was proud of what I’d done. I shook my hands out, trying to rid them of the pain from the magic. It felt different here. Easier to use. “Does this mean I’m done? Did I break the curse?”

She looked at me in surprise. “Of course not. This is beautiful, but it is not what I wanted. Come back and try again.” She flicked her hand, and the dream faded out”.
                
What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep           him/her/it in your life?

My dad is the most important thing to me. It’s just the two of us (When I can get away from the step-family) and the one person knows my secret.

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit?

I've had people wonder why my dad is so clueless about how horrible my step mom is. I’m pretty sure he’s got a curse on him. Whether it was her or someone else that cursed him, I’m not sure, but something isn't right.

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be?

I would definitely add more magic, and more Luke to the story. And I would ask for a little more help in the stairs.

Ask me any question. I've always wanted to know what a character thinks about writers like myself. I'll answer the question at the end of this interview.

What is your favorite part of writing?

I suppose my favorite part is coming up with the initial idea and starting in. I love the thought of creating new characters and seeing what develops. Because I listen carefully to my characters, I often have to make changes to them or fix areas of the manuscript that don't quite 'fit.'

***

Thank you, Sydney

Learn more about Sydney and her creator at the following links:


4 comments:

Thank you for your comment.