Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Top 5 Desk Items Every Writer Should Have

You know you have to have it.

A desk. A comfy chair. A place to keep all of your writing stuff. Plenty of writing instruments. Paper. More paper. Books on writing. Post It Notes. Music. Headphones. Paper clips. A stapler. Food. Drink. 

What have I forgotten?

Oh, yes. Research books. Envelopes. Stamps. Pictures of your loved ones. A COMPUTER! Speakers. 

If you're like me you are continually cleaning off your desk so that you can actually write!

Here are my top five needs - other than the obvious computer and speakers - I keep on top of my desk:

1. A place to store current projects. I got this wooden holder free from a teacher who was no longer using it. It comes with 6 slots. I like it because I can put my paper in here, my marketing book, as well as my current writing projects, all within individual folders. 

2. A place to store writing instruments. Not being able to decide on my favorite pen or marker, you can see I have another six slots for pens, pencils, a bookmark; even scissors. I believe I got this holder at Ross. 

3. Music options. Yes, I have a record player. Sometimes, yes, I connect on Pandora, but I really like the sound of a record player, don't you?

4. Post It Notes. How many times do you need a piece of paper to write something down - an idea, a phone number, a favorite website, and there isn't enough time to search for the right folder?

5. Paper clips. "Can you read the first chapter?" "I need to mail this." "I need to take a few copies for my presentation." Enough said.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.