Thursday, April 7, 2022

5 Great Ways to Grow Your Readership Without Going Crazy

If you're an author like I am, you are always searching for ways to get more readers for your book[s]. The problem, at least for me, is TIME to do that.

I barely have time to write, how in the world will I find time to grow my readership?

Here are five things I've done that have produced results.

1. At your next book signing or speaking engagement have readers sign up for your newsletter. Placing the paper on a clipboard and writing "Sign up for my newsletter" takes about 5 minutes. I have the reader include his/her name and email address.

2. No newsletter? Create a simple one that goes out monthly. You can get mine by going here. I include a short letter and news about books and forthcoming books, as well as speaking engagements and book signings. This takes me roughly 20 minutes.

3. I am still working on gaining more followers on my blog right where you are. If you like what you read, click the icon in the upper right-hand corner and join my list of followers. Linked with that is posting on your blog OFTEN. Keep your posts short. I have seen my numbers increase when I have posted more often - say 3-5 times a week. My posts take me between 15 and 30 minutes to complete.

4. Set up a free book promotion on Amazon. Learn more here. This takes roughly 15 minutes to half an hour.

5. Keep writing. The more quality books you write, the more readers you'll get. Yep. This one takes time. If you only have snippets of time during the day to write, use them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.