Friday, December 9, 2011

Hidden Meanings

Lehi's Dream can teach you about your own life
DECEMBER 9

Hidden Meanings

What do you know of the “Olive trees” mentioned in Zechariah 4: 11-14? Of Kolob? (See Abraham 3:3). What about Lehi’s Dream? How does the dream of Lehi specifically apply to your life? What of the mysteries of the kingdom? Do you have a desire to know?

As I read, I am constantly being made aware of the things I don’t know. And the things I do? There’s always something more; something deeper, something too removed from my first reading of the scripture for me to see the hidden meaning.

On the 18th of December 2001, I had some new thoughts on the redemption. This is what I wrote:

“The plan of redemption was decided upon at the beginning of the world. Jesus Christ was chosen by the Father to sacrifice his life in accordance with the plan. (See Moses 4:2). So even before the plan was finalized, (before we’d had an opportunity to agree or disagree) the Savior was chosen to atone for us. Satan was literally attempting to change God’s will and the eternal law, to satisfy himself."
Check out the perceptions or feelings you have received after recording your thoughts by praying to your Heavenly Father. Usually I feel the words of confirmation as I am recording my thoughts, but not always. Through prayer and the whisperings of the Holy Ghost, you can always be sure that the words you are receiving are from Him.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.