Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Personal Motto

Photo by: midiman, Courtesy of Flickr
DECEMBER 25
A Personal Motto

Did Christ know who he was? What did he say about himself? What did he know to be true?
“I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture” (John 10:9).
“I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine” (John 10:14).

“I am thy shield” (Genesis 15:1).

“I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live” (John 11:25).

The Lord’s knowledge about Himself and the direction He should take comes throughout the entire standard works.

“I am he; I am the first, and I am also the last” (1 Nephi 20:12).

“Behold, I am God; give heed unto my word…” (D&C 6:2).

“I am the Lord God almighty, and Endless is my name; for I am without beginning of days or end of years; and is not this endless?” (Moses 1:3).

Is it possible for each of us to know who we are; even our purpose in life? I believe our Patriarchal Blessing shows us who we are. I also believe we can be shown on a daily basis who we are and what we are to become.

My personal motto is framed and hangs near my bed. Every morning I see it. Every evening, when I kneel to pray, the words of who I am and the direction I must take are clear.

Go to the Lord. Ask for his direction. Record your thoughts in your journal. Take a step further. Record your words and hang them in a place where you will see them daily.





































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.