Wednesday, February 18, 2015

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Jessica Parker author of True Sight from the book: Secrets and Doors

Tell me a about yourself. What got you started in writing?

Growing up I loved creative writing in school. My stories would be about witches, princesses, pirates and more. When a friend of mine said she was teaching how to become an author, I jumped at the chance.

How and where do you write? Do you prefer a lap top or do you prefer writing freehand?

I mostly write at home. I write mostly on a laptop because I can type faster. However I have multiple notebooks I use to brainstorm or flush out scenes when I'm not at home.

What's your favorite part about writing? Your least favorite part about writing?

Favorite: the spark of inspiration. That moment when the concept of a story takes form.

Least favorite: revising. It's necessary but there comes a point where I don't want to look at my story anymore.

How do you come up with your characters? Why would readers want to get to know them?

The characters in True Sight, found in Secrets and Doors, were created in response to the idea of a magical objects creation. Who would make the item, what would they go through, and why. I hope readers will find the characters aren't always what they seem. What you see as the right thing can be deceiving.
 
At Amazon
What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing?

I'll be honest, I'm new to marketing my writing. I prefer talking to people about books. However you can find me on my blog: https://jessicaparkerstories.wordpress.com/

How do you schedule your writing time? When do you write? Right now I write late at night. This way if I'm on a roll, there are less interruptions.

What are you currently working on? Do you have a new book out? I'm working on the sequel to True Sight.

Do you have a project on the back burner? Tell me about it.

I have an epic fantasy novel on hold. I need to refine my skills to do this story justice.

What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent?

No one can tell a story the way you can. Learn your options for publication and find what is best for you and your story. Then be willing to go to work.

***
Thank you, Jessica!

Learn more about Jessica:


Twitter: @jparkerstories 

Facebook: Facebook.com/JessicaParkerStories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.