Wednesday, February 4, 2015

CHARACTER INTERVIEW #2: Sean, from Torn, by Leslie Ann Joy

Today is another character interview from the book, Torn, by Leslie Ann Joy.


Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.)

I’m Sean. I live in south Florida, about two hours north of Miami. I am currently working for my father’s roofing company, but I was recently accepted to the University of Florida. I’m really hoping to start classes in the fall and quit hard labor. As for looks, I’m tall, dark, and handsome—ha ha! 
 

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I spend my spare time with my buddy, Micah, even though we don’t have much in common anymore. I wonder if that kid will ever get his life together and grow up. I also work out and play football.

What is your favorite color and why?

Blue. It’s calming.

What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite?

Pizza. Isn't pizza everyone’s favorite food?

What would you say is your biggest quirk?

Not sure if this is a quirk but I have a bit of a temper…. It tends to flare quite often.

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why?

Sam will never just be 'in the moment.' You’ll see…. A part of her is always somewhere else.

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life?

Obviously, Sam is my everything; but you can’t keep someone you've never really had.

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit?

I’m an open book. Straight forward, to-the-point; I don’t beat around the bush. What you see is what you get. And yeah, my heart is on my sleeve; I’m the opposite of Sammy. That girl is a riddle. 

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be?

Cut me some slack! I don’t think I can handle losing so many people.

Ask me any question. I've always wanted to know what a character thinks about writers like myself. I'll answer the question at the end of this interview.

Do your character’s personalities come to you first or do they develop as the story develops?

My character's personalities usually come as the story develops, just like in real life. For example, when I first meet someone I might notice their hair or eyes, or the way they limp when they walk, but I will not at first see the anger, though maybe the shyness. Thanks for the great question!

***

Learn more about Sean at the link below:


And check out the other character interview with Samantha Fleming!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.