Wednesday, May 14, 2014

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Josh Summers from Crowded

Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.)

I am Josh Summers and I'm fifteen years old.  I live in Harrisonburg, Va. I have  blond hair and blue eyes. I am a Christian who is struggling because of my past. I can be arrogant and conceited, but it's just a shell.

Get Crowded at Amazon

What do you like to do in your spare time? 

I like to flirt with Emily Davis.

What is your favorite color and why? 

Red because I'm passionate.

What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite? 

I suffer from bulimia.

What would you say is your biggest quirk? 

I wouldn't call it a quirk. I suffer from nightmares and flashbacks.

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why? 

Cole Martin isn't really the antagonist. He and the girl I want just broke up, so it's only natural we don't get along.

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life? 

My sister, Lydia Summers. She sees what others don't and I'd do anything for her.

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit? 

I'm not a monster. I'm just misunderstood.

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be? 

Why on earth did you make me such a dramatic character?


Ask me any question. I've always wanted to know what a character thinks about writers like myself. I'll answer the question at the end of this interview. 

What would you do if nobody liked you?

Josh, while I may have thought at one time that no one liked me, I no longer believe it's possible not to be liked. In this huge world there must be a mother, father, sibling or friend that likes me for who I am. I simply do not believe it's possible to grow up in a world where no one likes you. And if by some very remote chance no one did, there would always be God. And God loves everyone.

Thanks for the interview Josh!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting character that probably makes his story engaging—and comes with a dash of surprise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.