Friday, April 20, 2012

Listening

In my book, "Conquering Your Goliaths: A Parable of the Five Stones," Ms. Virginia Bean learns about listening. It's the first stone she receives.
Photo by Cambridge Cat, courtesy of Flickr

Listening is important. I find that when I want to go one direction, the timing may not be right, and by listening to my heart as well as listening to God I know that the dream is still out there but that I need to wait for it.

In writing, your dream may be to publish "last week". But in reality you know that it may take you 5-10 years. In the meantime you take writing classes, involve yourself in a writing critique group, read, and WRITE. You know that writing is the most forward thinking way for your dream to come to fruition.

Photo by: Moyan Brenn, courtesy of Flickr
Listening to that inner voice will tell you what you need to write, when you need to write it, how long it should be, what characters should be included, etc. Listening to God will keep you on track.

I didn't think my publishing company would happen this year, but I was on track and it was time. I am excited about this new direction. I know that it is the right time.

My hope for you is that whatever your dream is that you take time out of your day to listen. When the direction is right, stress will be replaced by peace, worry will be replaced by a new-found initiative to move forward, and your desire to succeed with be honored by God


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.