Tuesday, June 26, 2012

First Things First: Making Your Writing (and other things) Sing

I often get ahead of myself.

Instead of researching my next book, (I'm researching two right now), I want to get the stories started yesterday.

Photo by mRio, courtesy of Flickr
Instead of making time for myself in the morning, gathering up the light to get me through the day (I am an avid journal and scripture reader) I often find myself washing the dishes.

Instead of spending time with family, I'm worried about the house being clean.

Instead of focusing on how I will help others this week, I am focused on how much money I'll be bringing in.

I have been thinking about focus in my life this week and I find that I am ALWAYS a happier camper when I remember first things first.

Research before book.
God before work.
Family before cleaning.
Service before money.

When I am in line with what is most important, I actually get more done anyway. I find that my day is more peaceful and full.

You may want to try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.