Wednesday, September 17, 2014

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Constance Jones from A Path Toward Home

1      Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.) 
      My name is Constance Jones, age 17, from Nipigon, Ontario (Canada).  I have lived there with my aunt and uncle since I was six years old. I have brown hair and blue eyes.  I plan to further my studies after high school.


What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love spending time with friends, going to the lake, and going to get a soda at Pop’s soda bar.

      What is your favorite color and why?
Red.  The color is so rich and reminds me of red roses, which I adore.

      What is your favorite food? 
      Ice Cream. 

      Why is it your favorite? 
      My neighbors, Drew and Lilly, make it every Sunday afternoon during the summer months. It is so smooth and creamy, it’s absolutely heavenly.

      What would you say is your biggest quirk?
I have the habit of frequently biting my lip when I’m confused or agitated.

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why?
Oh, you must be talking about Regan.  She is the most conceited girl I've ever met.  She is         absolutely convinced that Drinian loves her, when  in fact he does not!

      What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to       keep him/her/it in your life?
      My Uncle Blake means everything to me.  He has been like a father to me since I was six       years old...I would do most anything in my power to make him happy.

      What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled         out in the book in which you inhabit?    
       I had the preconceived notion that all children of royalty were snobs. However, Drinian                 obviously proved me wrong.
   
I      If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the   direction of  the plot, what would it be?  
       Nothing. I love my uncle so much and would not want to upset him.

 Ask me any question. I've always wanted to know what a character thinks about  writers like  myself.   I'll answer the question at the end of this interview.  

  “Why should I care what another writer thinks, since I can’t think for myself?”  
  Great question. I'll be honest with you, it kind of took me off guard. You are the first character to   present this dilemma, and I'm not quite sure how to answer you. I readily agree that you really     don't think for yourself, but consider this: As a main character you must have some thoughts on   those scary scenes your writer puts you in, those things the author shares that you wished had   been kept quiet, etc. 

  Even as a character, you must have some loves and hates about your place within your novel.     Perhaps you would have rather been a secondary character or the antagonist...whatever your     question, it would have produced some thoughtful reading just as the comment above                 has. Thank you for sharing it.  BTW, I love your last name :) 

***
  Learn more about Constance and her author at: 

  Amazon page: 
  (uk) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Path-Toward-Home-Annals-Avonea-ebook/dp/B00GW9EN92

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.