Wednesday, December 17, 2014

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Lt. Com Roy O’Hara from The Warrior's Stone

1      If you don't think interviews with particular characters can get a  little, shall we say, interesting, check this one out:

       Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope  to achieve, etc.

       My name is Lt. Com Roy O'Hara.  Currently I’m stationed aboard the T.S.S. Phoenix, the Command  Ship for the first fleet.  As a squadron leader I’m reasonable for training and leading 18 pilots on  tactical and defensive missions against the enemy.  Most of the men and woman in my command are  about half my age.  I’m 38 now.  I had retired a few years ago, but with the war continuing we need  every able bodied person on the line.

2     What do you like to do in your spare time?
       
       Spare time?  We kind of don’t get a lot of down time.  Haven’t had shore leave in, I don’t know, two  years now.  Spare time? You see we’re on call 24/7 so most of our time is spent on training, physical  maintenance, analyzing recent engagements and reviewing repairs on our birds.  But there are times  when I don’t have duties that are pressing.  I tend to us that time to eat, read a book, I like  philosophy books and hit the rack for a few hours of shut eye.
3   
       What is your favorite color and why?

       My favorite color?  Anything but black.
4     
       What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite?

       Hot Dogs, not the cheep ones, the kind you can get at mile high, with everything on them.
5     
       What would you say is your biggest quirk?

        I don’t know.  Never gave it much thought.
6     
       What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why?

       The Serkin have no respect for life.  Their goal is to kill or enslave us all.  I would rather die than let 

 
Get the book at Amazon

them take over the known galaxy.
7
       What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life?
      
       That isn't something I feel comfortable talking about.
8      
       What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit?

       Family is very important to me, but the war took that away from me and now all that is left for me is duty.
9
       If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be?

       Look, no offence, but after twenty years of fighting and killing, I don’t really believe in a creator any more, at least not one who I would care to know.

***
Check out the author interview here
and the trailer here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.