Wednesday, October 7, 2015

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Emily from Calm before the Storm

Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.) 

My name is Emily and I currently live in a woman’s shelter, but I am hoping to find stable employment and a home for me and my twins Sarah and Sam. I am hoping to be able to go back to school and become a nurse someday, working with people in crisis much like myself. The ability to provide safe shelter, food, clothing and tons of love are my main motivators for everything I do these days. I’m only five foot if I stretch the truth just a might, have long blonde hair that is my one vanity and blue eyes. I would describe myself as average in the looks department but don’t have time for make-up or hair straightening routines, so most days you will find me with a sloppy bun in the cleanest most comfortable clothing available.

Get the Book at Amazon
See the author interview here

What do you like to do in your spare time? 

If and when I get a spare moment I love to read, mushy romance novels that help me escape in a warm tub. Otherwise I also like learning to do things, attending classes on any topic that might help better educate me and just frolicking with Sarah and Sam.

What is your favorite color and why? 

My favorite color is yellow, which is the color of the sunshine and daffodils. It is just such a bright happy color it makes me smile.

What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite? 

I love a good steak cooked medium rare with a just the right melt in your mouth seasonings. It is such a treat when I get to have steak that it is the singular food I actually daydream about.

What would you say is your biggest quirk?

I tend to be a bit clumsy. Because of my size I am always trying to stretch or use chairs, ladders or sometimes a big pot to reach things and find myself in precarious situations. I have nursed more bumped knees, strained muscles or other little ailments due to falling off of, down or across things because of my clumsiness.

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why? Share a line in the book where this irk is manifested. 

Tony claimed to love Sam, Sarah and me but all he actually wanted was to control and manipulate us. In order to do this he would call me names and always tell me I was so dumb that I couldn’t make it without him.  The sentences in the book that would give you a feel for this is: It turned out she wasn’t as dumb as her father and Tony had always told her.  Soon she had been accepted to the Junior College and graduated with an Associate Degree and her Certified Nursing Certification.  She dreamed about going back to finish her nursing degree, but that would have to wait a while. 

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life? 

No contest, Sam and Sarah mean everything to me, there is nothing I wouldn’t do to protect them. I have been beaten up by their father protecting them, lived in shelters with twenty other women and taken any job possible to try and make a better life for them. They are the reason I get up every day and try to be a better mom.

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit? 

I don’t like snow, and would much rather live in a warm climate that had warm sand beaches.

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be? 

I never want to be perceived weak, even if my actions from the outside might appear that way, it might be me trying to cover for something else. Some of the writing portrayed me in a light I didn’t appreciate, and while it might have been the truth I wish I had been shown to be stronger and more capable than I was in some of the situations I found myself.


***

Thank you, Emily!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.