Monday, February 1, 2016

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Roni Kennedy




Roni Kennedy Photo for bookTell me a about yourself. What got you started in writing? 

I used to write poems as a teenager and when I was in my early twenties I would write songs and try to play them on the guitar. I also had a mother who was a school teacher and she wrote a few books. I learned and lived by the example that was formed in my 
child and teen years.

How do you schedule your writing time? When do you write? 

I have not written anything except in my journal every once in a while. I know I need to start that habit again because time is so important. I really think I do my best at writing when it is peaceful and quiet and I can think of what I really want to write. My thought process works better with no interruptions. For instance, it is late in the evening at this time and it would be a perfect time to write a book. Mornings could work for me too. I have no children to raise. I just need to set some time aside and go for it.

How and where do you write? Do you prefer a lap top or some other method of getting your words down?  

I usually write with pen and paper but that has become old school. I could adapt to a laptop when writing because that is what I am usually working on all day or even a desktop.

What's your favorite part about writing? Your least favorite part about writing?

Coming up with a good idea and making a great story out of it. Especially an experience or an event that I have encountered in my life. My least favorite part of writing is having a good thought to write about and being able to come up with a good ending.

How did you come up with your book idea? How long did it take you to write your book? 

Please don’t mind me telling you that I was frustrated with a neighbor that thought he was so much better than others. He came off to me as being very conceited and better that me. He just seemed so arrogant and had the perfect family syndrome. It only took me about 2 days to write the book and about 2 weeks to do all of the illustrating. That was a process. I was so into it that nothing could hold me back from getting it accomplished.

What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing? 

FaceBook, Twitter, the web, word of mouth,  my publisher and the interviews . I am working on having a website built really soon.

What are you currently working on? Do you have a new book out? 

I am currently working on getting this book marketed. The Boy That Grew Teeth In His Ear.

Do you have a project on the back burner? Tell me about it. Yes. I have a book I need to edit and re-illustrate photos that was written by my mother. It is called the Story of Timmy Mitton.

What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent? 

I would tell them to look at their options and find someone like I have to publish their book. I had no idea there were marketing systems out there that are all online.

***
Thank you, Roni!

Find Roni at the following sites below:

Facebook, Twitter, Free Classifieds, KSL, Craigslist. 

YouTube video: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.