Wednesday, February 17, 2016

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Teresa Ives Lilly, author of Wild Prairie Rose

Tell me a about yourself. What got you started in writing?

As a young teen I had a teacher who was thrilled with my short stories.  She allowed me to take summer school 12th grade English, when I was in 9th grade, so I could participate in her writing class. 



How do you schedule your writing time? When do you write?

I write in the evenings from 9 pm to midnight.

How and where do you write? Do you prefer a lap top or some other method of getting your words down?

I have a guest bedroom with a desk and computer and television.  I use a regular computer because I find a laptop too small.

What's your favorite part about writing? Your least favorite part about writing?

My favorite part of writing is coming up with the idea.  The least favorite part is editing.

How did you come up with your book idea? How long did it take you to write your book?

Get the Book at Amazon
 Wild Prairie Rose is part of a series my publisher Forget Me Not Romances put together. Each writer picked a state flower and created a story which used the state and the state flower. It’s 20k words, it took two months to write.

What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing?

I send messages to all the face book pages I am on in my town.

What are you currently working on? Do you have a new book out?

I am currently writing a book called Gold Dust Tea.  It should be out this week.

Do you have a project on the back burner? Tell me about it.

I’m working on six books for different collections, but am also putting together a collection through my publishing company, Lovely Christian Romance Press called Cocoa Christmas. I’m open to submissions….see www.lovelychristianromancepress.wordpress.com

What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent?

Write… and after you have finished a chapter or two… read it out loud… see how it sounds. Join ACFW and get in a critique group… they will tell you the truth.

***

Thank you, Teresa!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.