Monday, March 20, 2017

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Nestor Eguez

1.     Tell me a about yourself. What got you started in writing?

I’m an electronic engineer  who immigrated with my family from Uruguay, South America to California, twenty two years ago in search of a better life. Since then, I have been teaching at Adult and Vocational schools. I had always an interest in writing and one day 10 years ago while helping my kids with a school project, was the moment that my first story born.

2.  How do you schedule your writing time? When do you write?

Usually during the weekends, because I teach from Monday to Friday.


3.  How and where do you write? Do you prefer a lap top or some other method of getting your words down?

I use my lap top, but I prefer write on my desktop. I have a good view and I can listen music.


4.  What's your favorite part about writing? Your least favorite part about writing?

Well, writing is my true passion. I love the whole thing, and I can’t find something that I don’t like about it. Maybe, the editing process, because I don’t participate and at the end is going to be changes to do later.


5.  How did you come up with your book idea? How long did it take you to write your book?

Get the Book at Amazon
Took me more than ten years. I'm a technology teacher, and writing wasn't a priority in my life. Was more like an item in my bucket list. But one day helping my kids with a school project, this story came to me in a very special way. After that, a lot of things happened, good and bad, but I never gave up. Of course, in the developing of the story it changed a lot, but I kept the basic original structure.

6.  What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing?

On line : FaceBook and Twitter.


7.  What are you currently working on? Do you have a new book out?

Yeah, I’m finishing the second Vol. of  Kalima’s collection. Hopefully will be out around April.

8.  Do you have a project on the back burner? Tell me about it.

There are a couple of Non-fiction stories. Of course there are going to take some time researching, and for that is something that will see the light in a couple of years.

9.  What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent?

I have a post on Niume, that I think will answer this question very well. https://niume.com/post/197170











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.